DeKALB – Sweets4Troops is collecting leftover Halloween candy until Nov. 18.
Sweets4Troops is an annual initiative founded by Michael Embrey, a DeKalb County businessman and veteran who wanted to make the holidays a little sweeter for military personnel serving overseas, according to a news release from Sweet4Troops.
The program collects unwanted or leftover Halloween candy and letters from local children to send as care packages. In 2018, Sweets4Troops collected 3,000 pounds of candy, the release said.
These locations will be drop-off points:
• DeKalb Fire Station No. 1, 700 Pine St.
• Sycamore Fire Department, 535 DeKalb Ave.
• Daily Chronicle, 1586 Barber Greene Road, DeKalb
• Le Print Express, 1950 DeKalb Ave., Sycamore
• County Liquors, 625 E. State St., Sycamore
• Papa Johns Pizza, 203 W. Lincoln Highway, DeKalb
For information, email Embrey at email@example.com or call 815-756-1263.