5 Things to Do This Weekend
1. "Look Homeward, Angel" – 2 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. Saturday, April 5, at Huntley Middle School, 1515 S. Fourth St. in DeKalb. The NIU School of Theatre and Dance presents this dramatic adaptation of Thomas Wolfe's novel about an artist coming of age. Tickets are $8 for students, $13 for seniors, $16 for adults.
2. Babysitting Fundraiser – The youth group at St. Catherine's Church in Genoa will babysit from 2-6 p.m. Saturday, April 5. Kids will enjoy games, crafts, karaoke and activities. Funds support a mission trip. Call 630-677-2113 to reserve a spot.
3. Community Sing – Anyone who likes to sing is invited to be a part of a community sing-along at 1:30 p.m. Saturday, April 5, at Boutell Memorial Concert Hall, in the Music Building of the NIU campus. The audience is the choir in this free concert event.
4. Boot Scootin' and BBQ'n – A pig roast with a cash bar, raffle, and live music by Back Country Roads to raise funds for the DeKalb Education Foundation. Food will be served from 6-8 p.m., and the music begins at 7 p.m. The event will be held at the Kishwaukee Country Club, 1901 Sycamore Road in DeKalb, and tickets are $30 each or $50 for two.
5. Jungle Jack Hanna – The famed animal expert will bring a pack of wild critters for a fun and educational show at 3 p.m. Sunday, April 6, at the Egyptian Theatre. Tickets range from $15 to $35.