DeKALB – Bethany Rehabilitation and Health Care Center, 3298 Resource Parkway in DeKalb, will observe Nursing Home Week with a series of events May 12-17.
The observation is meant to encourage residents and their families to “get personal” with caregivers.
Sharing personal details allows the facility to offer a personalized environment targeted to the individual’s likes, preferences and needs. This year’s theme is “Team Care: All Hands on Deck.”
After admission, residents are invited to attend a care planning meeting with the facility’s professionals and caregivers who will develop an individualized care plan.
A detailed care plan is usually a precursor to a satisfied resident who feels respected by the facility’s staff. Family participation is often very important too, as they often bring different insights to the table.
All the information helps the staff offer appropriate social interactions and activities that will appeal to the resident.
Some of the week’s special events include:
• Delivery of Mother’s Day corsages and an ice cream social with live music on Sunday, May 12;
• A mayoral proclamation and balloon launch in the courtyard with another live music performance on Monday, May 13;
• A pancake breakfast, community bingo and live music on Tuesday, May 14;
• A performance of drums, hula and fire dancing in the courtyard on Wednesday, May 15;
• Live music and Culver’s on Thursday, May 16; and
• A parade and entertainment on Friday, May 17.
For more information, call 815-756-5526.