Energym hosts tournament
SYCAMORE – Gymnasts at Energym Gymnastics gave an impressive performance when the gym hosted the 15th annual St. Nick Invite Dec. 8 and 9 at DeKalb High School.
A total of 730 gymnasts representing 21 gymnastics clubs competed in seven levels at the event. Competitions were held in balance beam, uneven parallel bars, floor exercise and vault.
Gymnasts’ individual scores in the four events were combined to calculate their all-around scores. All-around scores of each gymnast on a team were combined to calculate the team score; places were given to the top three teams in each level.
The gymnastics competition season runs from October through May, though gymnasts practice year round. Energym levels 4 and 5 will next compete Jan. 13 at the St. Jude Benefit Meet in Schaumburg, and levels 6 through 10 will compete at the Twistars Invitational in Lansing, Mich. the same day.
Energym gymnasts and teams that placed at the St. Nick Invite were:
• Allison Jahns of Hampshire, Level 9, 1st place
• Madeline Kees of Cortland, Level 5, 1st place
• Aleah Leman of DeKalb, Level 8, 2nd place
• Madison Hickey of Sycamore, Level 7, 2nd place
• Eden Russell of DeKalb, Level 4, 2nd place
• Grace Trost of Genoa, Level 4, 3rd place
The Energym Level 4 Team placed second in team competition.